Thank you for your interest in doing business with the City of Encinitas. The City uses an online bid management system, Planet Bids.
Vendors wishing to submit bid proposals and download bid documents must register as a vendor by clicking the Vendor Registration button below. By registering as a vendor, you can view current bids, RFQ’s and RFP’s for the City of Encinitas and San Dieguito Water District online. You will receive email notifications of solicitations that match your vendor profile.
Electronic Bidding Reminder
All responses are due on or prior to the time shown on each bid solicitation. Late responses are not accepted. It is the bidder’s responsibility to ensure that the most current version of the bid package has been downloaded including addenda.
Benefits of Electronic Bidding
• Bid opportunities for the City of Encinitas and San Dieguito Water District are posted in an interactive bid board online.
• All bid materials such as bid specifications, plans, and addenda are available electronically.
• Vendors can electronically review bids and submit bid proposals electronically.
• Vendors can register to receive notification of upcoming bids based on the services the vendor provides.
• Bid results are posted online.
• Both the City of Encinitas and vendors benefit from a reduction in the amount of time, paper, and expense involved in processing and awarding bids.
Vendor Registration Support
Please contact PlanetBids for assistance with issues registering online.
Business Registration Required
The City of Encinitas requires all businesses conducting business in the City to register as a business with the City. Doing business in the City includes businesses based in other cities that enter Encinitas as part of their work, such as contractors and delivery companies. Even companies with a temporary presence are required to register. Click here for more information on Business Registration.
California Construction Contracting Program
Small business construction contractors wanting to do business with the City of Encinitas, Caltrans, and other agencies receiving federal transportation funds are encouraged to take advantage of a program implemented by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). Click here for more information.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
State of California Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms are included in the California Unified Certification Program (UCP) database of businesses. Click here for more information and links to the Programs.